Monday, March 16, 2009

You'll always be my favorite...

Charles died today. This morning at six I went down to check on him and he was all stiff. Emma raked a nice spot out for him by the chicken coop. I wrapped him in a shirt of mine so that he wouldn't get covered in dirt. It is a nice green with three little chicks on it. It reminded me of when Charles was a chick. We weren't originally going to get Delawares(his breed), but they were all cute and yellow in the Grange so we couldn't resist. Anyway, Dad dug the hole and I walked around the coop and aviary with him. Jed gave him a tribute(aka crowing), and Dad, Mom, Emma and I said a few words. Then, we had to leave because it was starting to rain. We will always remember Charles as a great chicken, and thank you guys for being so supportive(Anna and others).

5 comments:

AG said...

I'm really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely extra extra extra extra extra extra really really really really really sincerely sincerely sincerely sincerely sincerely sincerely sincerely sincerely truly truly truly truly truly truly truly truly truly truly very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very so so so so so so so so so so so so SORRY!!!!!!!! I just cannot believe it. I know he was your favorite. I read all the posts with Charles in them and he was just so darn cute!! Maybe all the Thingers can come over and give him a formal funeral. I'M SO SORRY!!!

Hannah said...

Oh Anna you are the best. Nothing else to it!

Cori said...

Hannah, I'm so sorry about Charles. It is always hard to lose something you've loved and cared for. You should feel good that you gave Charles a good life, where he had everything a chicken could want. Not every chicken is that lucky.

Mia said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about you're chicken. I know it's hard to lose a pet.

Thanks for the comment on my blog! To answer your question, no, those two bottom pictures on that post are not me.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Vonna said...

Charles may be chasing my old black lab, Lady, up in heaven. I remember how sad I was when we lost her. How wonderful Charles had you and your family for his time on this side of heaven.